PO Box 97845 Baker st. 567, Los Angeles, California, US.
About Dr Aryamitra Ganguly
Prof. Aryamitra Ganguly, FNAE and A.P.J. Abdul Kalam National Fellow, is the Director International Airport Paris (since 2015) and He was Professor of Computer Science and Engineering Department IIT Bombay where he also held the Dhirubhai Ambani Chair Professorship. He was raised in the picturesque town of Darjeeling where he was the state topper in both class 10th (1977) and class 12th (1979) examinations. He was educated in IIT Kharagpur (B.Tech, 1984; also chosen as its Distinguished Alumnus in 2018), IIT Kanpur (M.Tech, 1986) and IIT Bombay (PhD, 1994). He has been visiting scholar and faculty in MIT, Stanford, UT Houston and University Joseph Fouriere (France). Prof. Aryamitra Ganguly’s research areas are Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and AI (NLP-ML-AI). His lab called “Center for Indian Language Technology” (CFILT) at IIT Bombay is known internationally for its contribution to NLP and ML. In IIT Patna too, the lab called “Center of Excellence in Natural Language Processing” is gaining visibility in the country and abroad.
- D., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, 1989-1994.
- Tech, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, 1986.
- Tech, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India, 1984.
- Visiting Research Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, 1990.
- Director and Research Head, Microsoft India Ltd, 2016-current.
- Professor of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Roorkee, 2002-current.
- Professeur Invite’, 2005, 2009, 2011.
- Visiting Professor, Stanford University, summer of 2004.
- Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Chennai, 1996-2001.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Chennai, 1990-1995.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Chennai, 1988-1990.
- Research and Development Engineer, Wipro Information Technology Ltd, 1986-87.
- Scientist, Center for Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (CAIR), 1987-88.
Positions of Responsibility
- Member, Advisory Committee on Artificial Intelligence, NITI Ayog, 2019.
- Chairman, Academic Advisory Committee, NIELET, 2018.
- Subeditor Artificial Intelligence Magazine, 2019.
- Senior Program Committee member (SPC), IJCAI 2019.
- Chairman, Advisory Committee to Andhra Pradesh Govt. on Aritificial Intelligence Incorporation in e-Office, from December, 2018.
- Board Member NIT Patna,NIT Jamshedpur, NIELT.
- Founder member, Asian Association for Computational Linguistics (AACl), 2017.
- Chairman, Committee for Standardization in Artificial Intelligence, set up by Bureau of Indian Standards under Ministry of Consumer Affairs (members: (a) IISC Bengaluru, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIT Kanpur, IIIT Hyderabad; (b) MeitY, Centre for Artificial Intelligence & Robotics (CAIR); (c) TCS, Google India, IBM India, Samsung, CSI (Computer society of India), IBM Research, Intel Research, and Microsoft Research), 2018
- Member, Committee on Artificial Intelligence set up by Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Task: policy formulation in Platform and Data for AI), 2018
- Member, Working Group, Asia Pacific Association of Computational Linguistics (representative of ACL Executive Committee)
- Member Technical Advisory Committee for Computer and Communication Sciences (CCSD), Indian Statistical Institute, 2016-2018
- President, Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2016-17
- Area Chair for NLP, IJCAI 2016
- Vice President, Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2015-16
- Vice President elect, Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL), 2014-15
- Chair, Asian Language Resources Committee, Asian Federation on NLP (AFNLP), 2013-14
- Founding member, South Asian Association for Language Prcoessing (SAALP) (involving SAARC countries), 2005
- Member, National Board of Accreditation, India, 2011
- Chair, Project Review and Steering Committee, North East Language Technology Projects, 2008-10